This online service for the provision of parcel delivery and collection services is provided by Parcel.2Go.com Limited (“we, us, our”) for dpd-local-online customers (“this service”). You will access this service via a link from the website located at dpdlocal-online.co.uk (“the Website”).
Parcel.2Go.com Limited is dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy when using this service, visiting our site or communicating electronically with us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is DPD LOCAL UK LTD of Roebuck Lane, Smethwick, West Midlands, B66 1BY.
Information We Collect From You
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information You Give To Us
This is information that you give to us by:
- filling in forms on the Website, such as when you register for information or purchase a service;
- communicating with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise for any reason; and
- reporting a problem through the Website.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and personal description.
- Information We Collect About You
With regard to each of your visits to our Website we will automatically collect and process the following information about you:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system and platform;
- information about your visit and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information We Receive From Other Sources
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Use of Your Information
- The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To notify you about any changes to the Website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- As part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- To administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- Further, we may use your information so that you can be provided with details of goods and services which we consider may be of interest to you. We may contact you about these goods and services by any of the methods that you consented to at the time your information was collected.
- If you are a new customer, we will only contact you when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided consent for.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregated statistical information about our visitors.
- Where we receive information about you from other sources we will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Storing Your Personal Data
- Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing Your Information
- Your information may be passed to and used by all companies within the DPDGroup UK group of companies or the Parcel2Go.com Limited group of companies. Parcel2go.com Limited will not pass your personal data to any other third party except for any successors in title to our business, suppliers that process data on our behalf and companies within the DPDGroup UK group of companies. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individual customers are identified) for strategic development purposes.
- We will also disclose your personal data if it is requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities while using this service or otherwise are compelled to do so by law.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy part of our business or assets, which includes lists of customers, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
- to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
Third Party Links
- You mind find links to third party websites on the Website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
How you can help keep your personal information secure
As you would expect of us, we will take all reasonable measures to ensure that the personal information you provide through the Website is held and managed securely. The Website is fully PCI Compliant and runs on a full secure https platform. The Website also uses enterprise strength security devices to protect your information.
Here are some simple ways you can improve the security of you information:
- Use a secure browser
- this is the process through which sensitive information is scrambled before it is transmitted so that it remains private even if it is intercepted. 128-bit versions support it.
- most modern browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 11 and Safari support strong encryption
- security upgrades for some older browser versions are available. We recommend that you contact your preferred browser provider for further information.
Note for eBay Users
- Once registered on the Website you can electronically access your eBay account to download shipping information and delivery details; you give permission for this at sign up and you will need to confirm this on the eBay pages you are taken to during this process. We do not need your eBay password and we cannot access your eBay account. The password for the Website and your eBay password must be different. Changing either your password for the Website or your eBay password after becoming registered with the Website will not affect the link and you will still be able to download your shipping information.
Access To Information
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your personal information) if we intend to use your personal information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the contact details below.
- The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of £10 which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.